4.0364 Handedness (2/31)

Mon, 6 Aug 90 22:16:58 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 4, No. 0364. Monday, 6 Aug 1990.

(1) Date: Fri, 03 Aug 90 22:44:55 EDT (16 lines)
From: Stephen Clausing <SCLAUS@YALEVM>
Subject: left-handed people

(2) Date: Fri, 03 Aug 90 20:32:04 EDT (15 lines)
From: Germaine Warkentin <WARKENT@vm.epas.utoronto.ca>
Subject: [Handedness --eds]

Date: Fri, 03 Aug 90 22:44:55 EDT
From: Stephen Clausing <SCLAUS@YALEVM>

When I took my SATs in high school, they made all left-handed people,
which included me, go into a separate room. I assumed at the time that
this was done throughout the country that year in order to test whether
lefties would score better than other people. But I never heard the
results. As a teacher I always observe which students are left-handed,
and I have yet to see any pattern, which has always disappointed me.
For whatever it is worth, I am good at math and science and music, but
terrible at drawing, visualizing shapes, etc. I am also a computational
linguist. I wonder if we could ask everyone on Humanist whether they
are right or left-handed? I suppose this would be impractical and the
results hardly scientific, but the answers might be interesting if it
could be done.