4.0315 Miscellany: Winged Paraclete; Disc v. Disk (2/49)

Mon, 23 Jul 90 18:55:47 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 4, No. 0315. Monday, 23 Jul 1990.

(1) Date: 23 Jul 90 15:30:36 bst (30 lines)
From: "W.Watson" <ERCN94@emas-a.edinburgh.ac.uk>
Subject: Winged Paraclete Books

(2) Date: Mon, 23 JUL 90 14:01:10 GMT (19 lines)
From: Ruth Glynn <RGLYNN@VAX.OXFORD.AC.UK>
Subject: Disc vs. disk

Date: 23 Jul 90 15:30:36 bst
From: "W.Watson" <ERCN94@emas-a.edinburgh.ac.uk>

Dr Zinn,

With Joy today,
I am able to say,
Seven Books flew in last Wednesday.

Seven books have arrived
By the Air-mail way
Therefore now it is time to pay.

Thirty-Five Ninety-Two won't break the bank,
And Grover Zinn we have much to thank . . .

Twenty Pounds and Tuppence, in British cash,
In sending to you, we'll cut a dash . . .

All we would like you to us to say,
Is the name of your Banker, down Oxford way . . .

And when that is done, we will also insist,
That our friends all be glad, upon Humanist.

Or - more prosaically - this records the happy conclusion of the query I
initiated back in February, about Fr Chrysogonus Waddell's books on the
Hymns from the Paraclete; so, thanks again to those who helped at that
time. Bill Watson.