4.0283 Notes: Halio; Quotation Book (2/46)

Mon, 16 Jul 90 18:23:56 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 4, No. 0283. Monday, 16 Jul 1990.

(1) Date: Mon, 16 Jul 90 11:45:11 EDT (18 lines)
From: Elliott Parker <3ZLUFUR@CMUVM>
Subject: Halio article (on student writing)

(2) Date: Fri, 13 Jul 90 18:14:08 CST (28 lines)
From: "Robin C. Cover" <ZRCC1001@SMUVM1>
Subject: *RELATIVELY* USEFUL...

Date: Mon, 16 Jul 90 11:45:11 EDT
From: Elliott Parker <3ZLUFUR@CMUVM>

[...]
Some months ago, Humanist discussed Marcia P. Halio's article on student
writing ("Student writing: Can the machine maim the message," <Academic
Computing>, Jan 1990). This month's Academic Computing carried a note
that the article and also comments are available via anonymous FTP from
umd5.umd.edu (128.8.10.5). They are in subdirectory pub/jac and in
addition to plain- vanilla ASCII, can be pulled off in a variety of word
processor formats.

Elliott Parker BITNET: 3ZLUFUR@CMUVM
Journalism Dept. Internet: eparker@well.sf.ca.us
Central Michigan University Compuserve: 70701,520
Mt. Pleasant, MI 48859 USA UUCP: {psuvax1}!cmuvm.bitnet!3zlufur