4.0233 French (and other Language) Sub-Groups (2/39)

Thu, 28 Jun 90 17:38:50 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 4, No. 0233. Thursday, 28 Jun 1990.

(1) Date: Wed, 27 Jun 90 17:30 EDT (27 lines)
From: John Lavagnino <LAV@brandeis.bitnet>
Subject: Re: Teaching French

(2) Date: Thu, 28 Jun 90 15:53 EDT (12 lines)
From: Diana Meriz <MERIZ@pittvms>
Subject: Subgroup on the teaching of French

Date: Wed, 27 Jun 90 17:30 EDT
From: John Lavagnino <LAV@brandeis.bitnet>

The American Comparative Literature Association is currently looking
into setting up some kind of electronic-mail groups on the Bitnet or
Internet. They suggest two functions (in a letter to their membership
that I got last week): ``1) to collect and make available material such
as current syllabi, lists of books and related information, pedagogical
strategies in various settings, and critical perspectives on all of the
above, and 2) to provide a national communication space where teachers
of Comparative Literature, world literature, or international/
intercultural literature of any kind could exchange ideas and
experiences related to their work.''

They didn't include any electronic address. The person who's collecting
information on this is:

Professor Sarah Lawall
Chair, ACLA Undergraduate Studies Committee
Department of Comparative Literature
South College 315
University of Massachusetts
Amherst, MA 01003

John Lavagnino, Department of English, Brandeis University