4.0199 Modems (3/46)

Mon, 18 Jun 90 18:07:22 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 4, No. 0199. Monday, 18 Jun 1990.

(1) Date: Sat, 16 Jun 90 13:38:49 CDT (19 lines)
From: "Bill Ball" <C476721@UMCVMB>
Subject: 2400 baud modems

(2) Date: Sat, 16 Jun 90 15:24 EDT (13 lines)
From: ACOOPER@UCBEH
Subject: Re: 4.0194 Notes and Queries

(3) Date: Sat, 16 Jun 90 16:45 EDT (14 lines)
From: MERIZ@pittvms

Date: Sat, 16 Jun 90 13:38:49 CDT
From: "Bill Ball" <C476721@UMCVMB>

I highly recommend the ATI 2400 etc modem. I and several of my collegues
have the AT bus internal model but it is available in an external model.
Compared to others i have used it is much more up to date technology with
a suprisingly low number of chips--indicating higher reliability (ATI
seems pretty cutting edge in general). Its a MNP level 5 --which is
absolutely great if you have another MNP 5 to connect to (data
compression giving about 4800 baud rates + NO LINE NOISE!). It is very
competitive pricewise: the external can be had for around $170 from mail
order houses. BTW the company just came out with a 2400 MNP 5 + Group 3
fax card in the $400 range.

(I have no connection with ATI)

((( Bill Ball c476721@UMCVMB ) Dept. Pol. Sci. ) U. Mo.-Columbia )