4.0177 Announcements: Judaica Fellowships; ICANAS (2/41)

Wed, 13 Jun 90 18:10:51 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 4, No. 0177. Wednesday, 13 Jun 1990.

(1) Date: Sun, 03 Jun 90 11:13:18 EDT (28 lines)
From: Steve Mason <SHLOMO@YORKVM1>
Subject: JUDAICA FELLOWSHIPS

(2) Date: Fri, 8 Jun 90 17:28:52 -0500 (13 lines)
From: Alan D Corre <corre@csd4.csd.uwm.edu>
Subject: ICANAS August 19-25

Date: Sun, 03 Jun 90 11:13:18 EDT
From: Steve Mason <SHLOMO@YORKVM1>

Isaiah Gafni of the Hebrew University of Jerusalem has asked me to
post the following announcement.

Visiting Fellowships in Jewish Studies

Yad Hanadiv and the Barecha Foundation have established a Visiting
Fellowship program in Jewish Studies. Fellowships are awarded to
teachers of Jewish Studies who hold non-tenured university positions.
Fellows will spend a year in Israel, participating in a structured
program together with a senior scholar in their field of study, while
concurrently working on their own research projects. Fellowships for
the 1991-92 academic year are in the amount of $20,000.

Candidates involved in the teaching of Jewish studies at the university
level, as well as other interested parties, such as chairs of Jewish
Studies departments, may write to the following address for further
information and application forms:

Yad Hanadiv/Barecha Foundation Fellowships
16 Ibn Gvirol St.
Jerusalem, Israel 92430

Requests for information can also be sent to Prof. Isaiah Gafni by
bitnet: HNUGI@HUJIVM1