4.0158 Connections between Networks (3/90)

Sat, 2 Jun 90 14:21:27 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 4, No. 0158. Saturday, 2 Jun 1990.

(1) Date: Thu, 31 May 90 18:55:39 EDT (17 lines)
From: John Unsworth <JMUEG@NCSUVM>
Subject: Re: 4.0151 [...] Net Access to Libraries

(2) Date: Fri, 01 Jun 90 19:04:32 EDT (17 lines)
From: John Unsworth <JMUEG@NCSUVM>
Subject: network interfaces

(3) Date: Sat, 2 Jun 90 13:16 AST (22 lines)
From: Ramon <J_IRIZARRY@UPR1.UPR.CUN.EDU>
Subject: Compuserve to Internet Access

Date: Thu, 31 May 90 18:55:39 EDT
From: John Unsworth <JMUEG@NCSUVM>
Subject: Re: 4.0151 Qs: Siegen Projector; Net Access to Libraries (2/33)

other networks, there are at least two commercial gateways. Compuserve
provides one (their node address is compuserve.com) and MCI mail
provides another (their node is mci.com, I think). I believe that
Fidonet also provides access to Internet, and Fidonet is not an
institutional network. Of course, in all of these cases, transactions
are limited to mail: I don't think you can run any- thing interactive
(like Telnet) from any of these nodes. By the way, I'd like to hear
more from anyone who has further information--this is a question of in-
terest to me as well.

John Unsworth
<jmueg@ncsuvm>