4.0100 Software: Info to non-US buyers; Archaeology (2) (46)

Tue, 22 May 90 17:40:58 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 4, No. 0100. Tuesday, 22 May 1990.

(1) Date: Tue, 22 May 1990 09:34 IST (16 lines)
From: Marc Bregman <HPUBM@HUJIVM1>
Subject: Computer Info to Non-US users

(2) Date: Mon, 21 May 90 17:09 PDT (12 lines)
From: KESSLER <IME9JFK@UCLAMVS.BITNET>
Subject: Re: 4.0086 Qs: ... Archaeology Software [eds]

(3) Date: Tue, 22 May 90 18:21:59 EST (18 lines)
From: dgn612@csc2.anu.OZ.AU (David Nash)
Subject: Minark

Date: Tue, 22 May 1990 09:34 IST
From: Marc Bregman <HPUBM@HUJIVM1>

Yesterday a (very human, but non-HUMANIST) friend and I were talking
about the following curious phenomenon. Though we have faithfully
registered all the hard and software we have purchased from companies
most of whom are based in the US we sometimes receive no mailings from
them about updates, further developments, etc. This is true even of
very well established companies such as Hercules, Lotus, Microsoft,
Dragonfly. Does this happen to other non-US computer users? Is there a
general policy in come companies not to send mailings outside of the US?
If so, is there any way to see that we non-US users are placed on
mailing lists? Any wisdom on the subject will be greatly appreciated.

Marc Bregman (Hebrew Union College) Jerusalem, Israel (HPUBM@HUJIVM1)