Wed, 16 May 90 17:28:07 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 4, No. 0060. Wednesday, 16 May 1990.

(1) Date: Tue, 15 May 90 15:22:23 PDT (16 lines)
From: cbf@faulhaber.Berkeley.EDU (Charles Faulhaber)
Subject: Maps [eds]

(2) Date: Wed, 16 May 90 08:36 EDT (22 lines)
From: LINDYK@Vax2.Concordia.CA
Subject: Modems [eds]

(3) Date: Tue, 15 May 90 13:59:56 PDT (15 lines)
From: cbf@faulhaber.Berkeley.EDU (Charles Faulhaber)
Subject: Re: 4.0043 TeX

(4) Date: Wed, 16 May 90 14:00 EST (16 lines)
From: <PWILLETT@BINGVAXC>
Subject: RE: OCR errors

Date: Tue, 15 May 90 15:22:23 PDT
From: cbf%faulhaber.Berkeley.EDU@jade.berkeley.edu (Charles Faulhaber)
Subject: Re: 4.0054 Technical Notes and Queries (73)

Just yesterday there showed up in the mail a mailer from Egghead
Software enclosing a demo disk for PC Globe and PC USA. I quote:
"Includes maps of the entire country as well as regions and individual
states. Shows major natural features, elevations and the location of
each state's largest cities. Displays statistical information on each
map." Also includes demographic data. Maps can be exported in PC
Paintbrush format. Price not given since it depends on educational
discounts, but it probably retails for about $70. Requires IBM
compatible with 512 K.

Charles Faulhaber
UC Berkeley