4.0012 Queries: Collage and "Translatio Studii" (28)

Tue, 8 May 90 17:08:03 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 4, No. 0012. Tuesday, 8 May 1990.

(1) Date: Tue, 8 May 1990 17:15 IST (13 lines)
From: Marc Bregman <HPUBM@HUJIVM1>
Subject: Collage

(2) Date: Tue, 8 May 90 14:10 ADT (15 lines)
From: David McNeil <WARMCN@AC.DAL.CA>
Subject: "translatio studii" Theme

Date: Tue, 8 May 1990 17:15 IST
From: Marc Bregman <HPUBM@HUJIVM1>

I am working on an idea of applying the term Collage to Midrash, a
particular type of ancient Jewish Literature. I would appreciate any
bibliography on the subject of Collage (Pastische, Cento, etc.) as an
art form, particularly in any kinds of literary texts, especially
ancient ones. I am particularly interested in the psychological effects
which Collage has on its audience and the heurmenutic problems of
interpreting such works. Any leads will be most highly appreciated.

Marc Bregman, Jerusalem (HPUBM@HUJIVM1)