3.1355 Queries: Bibliography Software; Nodes; SCORE (63)

Fri, 4 May 90 16:05:34 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 3, No. 1355. Friday, 4 May 1990.

(1) Date: Fri, 4 May 90 15:10 EDT (31 lines)
From: <WEST@UNCA>
Subject: Bibliographic software

(2) Date: Fri, 04 May 90 01:31:43 PDT (10 lines)
From: Rich Mitchell <MITCHELR@ORSTVM>
Subject: Network Nodes [eds]

(3) Date: Fri, 4 May 90 16:56 GMT (22 lines)
From: Ben <B_SPACKMAN%vax.acs.open.ac.uk@NSFnet-Relay.AC.UK>
Subject: Score [eds]

Date: Fri, 4 May 90 15:10 EDT
From: <WEST@UNCA>

Humanists:

I am wondering if there exists out there somewhere a bibliographic
package to simplify the writing of manuscripts. The ideal package
exists -- Nota Bene's bibliographic package -- but unfortunately it
works (so far as I know) only with Nota Bene, and I've grown too
accustomed to Word Perfect to switch.

What I'm looking for would be a memory resident package which would pop
up over Word Perfect, asking me questions about the bibliographic item
or giving me a form to fill out. Then the software would create a
footnote, formatted in the proper style; at some later point, it would
also create a bibliography with everything nicely sorted, formatted,
arranged.

The power of the NB bibliographic package is so great I'm tempted to
switch, but I thought I'd make sure there wasn't something out there
that would give me the benefits of NB bibliographic without having to
learn (choke) yet another word processor. (So far : Electric Pencil,
TPU, Emacs, FinalWord, Word- Star, now Word Perfect.)

Thanks ...

Mark West
WEST@UNCA.BITNET