3.1343 Shakespeare (132)

Wed, 2 May 90 16:59:47 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 3, No. 1343. Wednesday, 2 May 1990.

(1) Date: Tue, 01 May 90 20:59:36 MDT (12 lines)
From: John Morris <JMORRIS@UALTAVM>
Subject: e-Shakespeare on CBC

(2) Date: Tue, 1 May 90 23:28 EDT (42 lines)
From: HMCOOK@BOE.TOWSON.EDU
Subject: Computerized Analysis of Shakespeare E-texts

(3) Date: Wed, 02 May 90 00:51:20 EDT (77 lines)
From: "Matthew B. Gilmore" <GY945C@GWUVM>
Subject: shakespeare authorship and computerized text analysis

Date: Tue, 01 May 90 20:59:36 MDT
From: John Morris <JMORRIS@UALTAVM>

Michael Hart asks about researchers use a large Shakespeare text database
who were mentioned on CBC radio on Shakespeare's birthday. It may have
been Ward Elliott and Rob Valenza of Clermont McKenna College in
California.

They were mentioned in an article in The Observer 22 April 1990. They
claim to have added eight new poems to the Shakespeare corpus. (Belated
thanks to S. Reimer for the article in my mailbox).

John Morris, University of Alberta, JMORRIS@UALTAVM.BITNET