3.1264 Schedule for Humanist's Great Move (48)

Wed, 4 Apr 90 21:31:40 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 3, No. 1264. Wednesday, 4 Apr 1990.

Date: Tue, 3 Apr 90 21:36:36 EDT
From: Elaine Brennan and Allen Renear <EDITORS@brownvm.brown.edu>
Subject: Transition Announcement

Transition Schedule:

The Humanist Transition from Toronto to Providence goes on apace;
much of the behind-the-scenes work has been accomplished, although
much also remains to be done.

It is time to give all Humanists first warning, and to announce the
schedule for the next 2 weeks, after which time, Humanist will
emanate from LISTSERV at BROWNVM.

Final submissions of Humanist postings to Willard should be made
BY Tuesday, April 10. He will doff his Humanist-Editor hat
sometime during the balance of that week. He will then assume
the laurels of President of the Humanist Advisory Board and
Founding Editor of Humanist (and most importantly to us:
Advisor to Apprentice Editors!)

*Please* then save your Humanist submissions until you receive the
'HUMANIST is Back' message. We anticipate that we will be able to
bring Humanist back up on Monday or Tuesday, April 16 or 17.
Our first mailing will be a test of the routing paths from
Providence. Then we will post the 'Humanist is Back' message.
Once you receive that message, your submissions will
be welcome at Humanist at BROWNVM or Humanist at BROWNVM.BROWN.EDU.

Please also bear with us as the inevitable problems and glitches
associated with the transfer occur; we're cramming hard to learn
everything that goes into keeping Humanist operating -- but if we
only post one irrelevant message along the way, we'll be very
surprised!

Elaine & Allen
individually:
Elaine Brennan (womwrite at brownvm.brown.edu)