3.1254 classics? honest linguists? play in discovery? (96)

Tue, 3 Apr 90 21:58:42 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 3, No. 1254. Tuesday, 3 Apr 1990.

(1) Date: Mon, 02 Apr 90 17:51:59 -0700 (22 lines)
From: ruhleder@sloth.ICS.UCI.EDU
Subject: Information Technology and Classical Scholarship

(2) Date: Tue, 03 Apr 90 15:36:10 EST (9 lines)
From: Stephen Clausing <SCLAUS@YALEVM>
Subject: computers and honest linguists

(3) Date: 3 April 1990 (42 lines)
From: Willard McCarty <MCCARTY@vm.epas.utoronto.ca>
Subject: play in discovery?

Date: Mon, 02 Apr 90 17:51:59 -0700
From: ruhleder@sloth.ICS.UCI.EDU

Calling All Classical Scholars...

I am currently carrying out a dissertation project that evaluates the
use of information technologies as tools to support research-related
activities in classical scholarship. I would like to get in touch
with any classicists on the HUMANIST mailing list who would be willing
to take a few moments to share with me their experiences in being
members of HUMANIST and using electronic mail, concordance packages
bibliographic search systems, on-line textual data banks, personal
computers, and so forth.

If you think you might be interested in responding, please send me
mail (address below), and I will send you a more complete statement of
who I am, what I'm doing, and what burning questions I have for you.

Karen Ruhleder (UC Irvine)
ruhleder@ics.uci.edu