3.1218 queries (91)

Mon, 26 Mar 90 20:40:46 EST

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 3, No. 1218. Monday, 26 Mar 1990.

(1) Date: Sun, 25 Mar 90 16:17:05 PST (20 lines)
From: hcf1dahl@UCSBUXA.BITNET
Subject: French translation

(2) Date: Mon, 26 Mar 90 09:33:00 EST (15 lines)
From: DEL2@phoenix.cambridge.ac.uk
Subject: Re: [3.1208 super-scanning and its costs (137)]

(3) Date: Mon, 26 Mar 90 10:50:49 MST (15 lines)
From: koontz@alpha.bldr.nist.gov
Subject: ICON for MS/DOS

(4) DATE: 26 MAR 90 15:20:00 HOB (11 lines)
FROM: PSDMSPIN@BRUSP.BITNET
SUBJECT: UNESCO's MicroIsis

Date: Sun, 25 Mar 90 16:17:05 PST
From: hcf1dahl@UCSBUXA.BITNET

A faculty member in our French Department is interested in
developing a course around a PC based French/English translation
program, preferably with thesaurus and dictionary, with the
students learning the finer points by improving upon the
presumably limited capabilities of the translation software.

We are looking at the possible programs listed in the Humanities
Computing Yearbook, but we are wondering whether any Humanists
have suggestions on programs which might be particularly suitable
for such a purpose. Any and all recommendations will be appreciated.

Eric Dahlin
Humanities Computing Facility
University of California, Santa Barbara
hcf1dahl@ucsbuxa.bitnet