3.1183 Auerbach's `Figura' (62)

Mon, 19 Mar 90 20:47:58 EST

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 3, No. 1183. Monday, 19 Mar 1990.

(1) Date: 17 March 1990 11:36:52 CST (22 lines)
From: "M. R. Sperberg-McQueen " <U15440@UICVM>
Subject: Auerbach, Figura

(2) Date: 19 March 1990 (22 lines)
From: Willard McCarty <MCCARTY@vm.epas.utoronto.ca>
Subject: `Figura' auf Deutsch

Date: 17 March 1990 11:36:52 CST
From: "M. R. Sperberg-McQueen " <U15440@UICVM>

My ancient notecards indicate that Auerbach's essay
Figura appeared (also?) in Archivum Romanicum 22 (1938):
436-89. -- I don't know anything about the journal, but
perhaps it will be easier to locate than the other source.

It might also be worth looking at Auerbach's Gesammelte
Aufsaetze zur romanischen Philologie (1967) which might
possibly include Figura, but which in any case has a
"Schriftenverzeichnis Erich Auerbachs," that is, a list of
Auerbach's publications, on pp. 365-69.

(I owe the last information to a combination of my scruffy
old note cards and the Berkeley on-line catalogue. Yes,
folks, I've started telnetting to other libraries and am
now a convert.)

Marian Sperberg-McQueen
Univ. of Illinois at Chicago