3.1160 IPA software; conference; Pynchon group (143)

Sun, 11 Mar 90 22:25:41 EST

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 3, No. 1160. Sunday, 11 Mar 1990.

(1) Date: Sat, 10 Mar 90 10:59 CST (43 lines)
From: <JBOWYER@UNOMA1>
Subject: Software Announcement

(2) Date: Sat, 10 Mar 90 15:05:00 CST (26 lines)
From: Fred Kemp <YKFOK@TTACS.BITNET>
Subject: 6th Computers & Writing Conf

(3) Date: Sat, 10 Mar 90 21:59:14 EST (49 lines)
From: Jody_Gilbert@cc.sfu.ca
Subject: Pynchon list

Date: Sat, 10 Mar 90 10:59 CST
From: <JBOWYER@UNOMA1>

White Mountain Software Inc. recently announced PHONEME, a
tutorial for the International Phonetic Alphabet (IPA). This
IBM-compatible program, written in Turbo C graphics, includes three
sections:

-- Given a vowel or consonant symbol, the student must
select the correct descriptive name from three columns of
choices:

VOICELESS BILABIAL STOP
VOICED LABIO-DENTAL FRICATIVE
etc. etc.

-- Given a vowel or consonant's descriptive name, the
student must select the correct symbol from a displayed
chart;

-- Given an empty chart, the student must point to the
correct position for successively displayed vowel or
consonant symbols.

PHONEME, which provides full mouse support, sells for $9.95
(includes shipping and handling). Please note that PHONEME requires
EGA/VGA compatibility.

For additional information, please contact:

White Mountain Software, Inc.
4728 Cass Street
Suite 13
Omaha, Nebraska 68132