3.1044 Mac to Hungary; e-addresses: Oxford, Revue-CIPL (79)

Tue, 13 Feb 90 20:40:46 EST

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 3, No. 1044. Tuesday, 13 Feb 1990.

(1) Date: Tue, 13 Feb 90 11:32:28 PLT (15 lines)
From: Paul Brians <HRC$04@WSUVM1>
Subject: Macs to Hungary

(2) Date: Tue, 13 Feb 90 09:41:48 EST (15 lines)
From: Grace Logan - ACO <grace@watserv1.uwaterloo.ca>
Subject: Oxford Mail

(3) Date: Mon, 12 Feb 90 22:30:00 EST (25 lines)
From: Michel LENOBLE <LENOBLEM@CC.UMONTREAL.CA>
Subject: RE: 3.1035 various queries (120)

Date: Tue, 13 Feb 90 11:32:28 PLT
From: Paul Brians <HRC$04@WSUVM1>

I helped a Soviet citizen buy a computer last year to take home. It
was a nightmare of red tape. There were veeery specific guidelines
about how fine the resolution of the screen could be, how fast the
clock speed, etc. Mac Pluses were allowable.

But then late last summer the regulations were eased. Talk to
your nearest Commerce Department representative--and if you don't
connect right away, try your congressman or representative for help.
I had great help, but then I live in Tom Foley's district.

It should be easier now. Check it out.