3.1034 audio input; Mac troubles (95)

Mon, 12 Feb 90 21:34:42 EST

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 3, No. 1034. Monday, 12 Feb 1990.

(1) Date: Fri, 09 Feb 90 21:56:48 CST (15 lines)
From: ENCOPE@LSUVM
Subject: SOUND INPUT

(2) Date: Mon, 12 Feb 90 10:00:00 EST (19 lines)
From: EIEB360@UTXVM
Subject: Audio input

(3) Date: Sat, 10 Feb 90 15:30:00 EST (16 lines)
From: KESSLER <IME9JFK@OAC.UCLA.EDU>
Subject: Re: 3.1029 Mac questions & answers (119)

(4) Date: Mon, 12 Feb 90 10:43:32 GMT (15 lines)
From: Donald Spaeth 041 339-8855 x6336 <GKHA13@CMS.GLASGOW.AC.UK>
Subject: Macs to Hungary

Date: Fri, 09 Feb 90 21:56:48 CST
From: ENCOPE@LSUVM

One HUMANIST grammoteer wonders whether there is a system that can
transfer tape recordings into a computer. This grammotist is doing
field recordings (would he like to record me? I'm becoming oral history
here in my department). Why, I ask, would one bother with the
intermediate step, the tape recordings? Radio Shack/Tandy has direct
input digitizing microphones and boards on their PCs. Surely the board
that runs this application could be plugged into a portable computer--e.
g., a laptop--and taken directly to the recording site. I've seen a
whole music system, including voice input, output, and digitizing, on a
card small enough for my little Toshiba. Could someone supply exact
instructions for Mr. Trotter? -- KLC.