3.985 strange addresses; FRMOP in Montpellier (112)

Wed, 31 Jan 90 20:26:13 EST

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 3, No. 985. Wednesday, 31 Jan 1990.

(1) Date: Tue, 30 Jan 90 21:40:49 EST (21 lines)
From: Niko Besnier <UTTANU@YALEVM>
Subject: Oh, that Montpellier link!

(2) Date: Tue, 30 Jan 90 15:37:01 EST (25 lines)
From: unhd!psc90!jdg@uunet.UU.NET (Dr. Joel Goldfield)
Subject: "More on address eccentricities"

(3) Date: Wed, 31 Jan 90 08:16:39 EST (41 lines)
From: ZAK@NIHCU
Subject: CUNYVMV2 <--> FRMOP22 link

Date: Tue, 30 Jan 90 21:40:49 EST
From: Niko Besnier <UTTANU@YALEVM>

Some recently asked about problem s/he was having with the e-mail node
FRMOP22. The said node is not in Paris, but in Montpellier. And it goes down
periodically, sometimes for long periods of time. And since a large volume of
mail between North America on the one hand and Europe and the Middle East on
the other goes through it (e.g. even mail to Ireland goes that way), things do
have a tendency to get either backed up or bounced back.

There isn't much one can do, as far as I know, unless you want to tackle
French bureaucracy yourself. :-) (As the carrier of a French passport, I'm
entitled to make fun.) Keep trying to send your message to Granada.

Atentamente,

Niko Besnier
Department of Anthropology
Yale University