3.967 the MLA (29)

Sun, 28 Jan 90 20:44:20 EST

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 3, No. 967. Sunday, 28 Jan 1990.

Date: 17 January 1989
From: Willard McCarty <MCCARTY@vm.epas.utoronto.ca>
Subject: the MLA and its works

Dear Colleagues:

I am withholding two messages about the MLA, one in support, one
continuing the attack, and I ask that no more be sent. I'm sure much can
be said on both sides, but since the discussion has nothing whatever to
do with computing and is likely to lead nowhere worth the trouble of
going, I see little point. For what it's worth, I'll offer the
observation that the MLA is bound to reflect the state or states of the
disciplines it covers. I should also say that some interesting things
are happening in that corner of the MLA concerned with computing in the
humanities. Perhaps some of you would like to suggest what sessions
might be organized at the MLA with respect to computing. Some other
Humanists may be able to help.

Yours, Willard McCarty