3.945 conference; KDEM parts; Phthong (148)

Thu, 18 Jan 90 21:49:50 EST

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 3, No. 945. Thursday, 18 Jan 1990.

(1) Date: Wed, 17 Jan 90 15:50:05 GMT (45 lines)
From: J.C.Smith@GDR.BATH.AC.UK
Subject: conference on teaching of French

(2) Date: Thursday, 18 January 1990 1451-EST (37 lines)
From: KRAFT@PENNDRLS
Subject: KDEM III parts

(3) Date: Thu, 18 Jan 90 12:21:16 EST (41 lines)
From: STAIRS@vm.epas.utoronto.ca
Subject: IPA Stack

Date: Wed, 17 Jan 90 15:50:05 GMT
From: J.C.Smith@GDR.BATH.AC.UK

CONFERENCE ANNOUNCEMENT AND CALL FOR PAPERS

HOW TO DO THINGS WITH PRAGMATICS:
PRINCIPLES AND APPLICATIONS TO THE TEACHING OF FRENCH

The 1990 conference of the British Association for French
Language Studies will be held at the University of
Liverpool, U.K., from lunchtime on Monday 10 September to
lunchtime on Wednesday 12 September. The theme will be `How
to do things with pragmatics: principles and applications
to the teaching of French'.

Papers (in English or in French) are invited on any aspect
of the analysis of French above the level of the sentence
(including pragmatics, text grammar, and discourse analysis)
and on the pedagogical applications of such research in the
areas of syllabus design and teaching methodology. SIX
copies of an abstract of not more than half a page of A4-
size paper should be submitted by 1 MARCH 1990 to the
programme committee, care of:

John Charles Smith
School of Modern Languages and International Studies
University of Bath
Claverton Down
BATH BA2 7AY
ENGLAND

telephone: (+44) 225-826171
fax: (+44) 225-826099
email: mlsjcs@uk.ac.bath.gdr
(BITNET, EARN, JANET)

from whom further details of the conference are available.

Note that this conference will immediately precede the
Autumn Meeting of the Linguistics Association of Great
Britain at the University of Leeds.