3.853 3D archaeology (69)

Thu, 14 Dec 89 21:24:15 EST

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 3, No. 853. Thursday, 14 Dec 1989.

(1) Date: 14 Dec 89 00:51:42 EST (33 lines)
From: James O'Donnell <JODONNEL@PENNSAS>
Subject: 3D Archaeology (Corrected version: replaces earlier)

(2) Date: Thu, 14 Dec 89 09:00:00 EST (16 lines)
From: EIEB360@UTXVM
Subject: 3.846 OCR? Heidelberg? MLA? arch

Date: 14 Dec 89 00:51:42 EST
From: James O'Donnell <JODONNEL@PENNSAS>

From: Jim O'Donnell, Classics, Penn

I tried to respond directly to the Spanish inquiry about 3D archaeology,
but our system rejected my attempt: no habla espanol aqui, apparently.

The person you want to contact is Dr. Harrison Eiteljorg, who holds his
Ph.D. from our university and pursues the study of Greek architecture as
a private scholar. He has organized a small research institute for the
computerized study of archaeological sites and has done such things as
three-dimensional reconstructions of buildings on the Acropolis, in
stages to show different arrangements at different dates, with images
that can be manipulated to create views from different angles, etc.,
etc. He is also *very* knowledgeable about hardware and software, and
he publishes a short newsletter which I am certain he would be happy to
send to any interested scholars: he is actively trying to make contact
with as many interested scholars as possible.

Unfortunately, because he is not yet officially affiliated with a
university, he does not have a BITNET or e-mail address. I can suggest
two ways to get in touch with him.

First, send an e-mail message via Professor Richard Hamilton of Bryn Mawr
College: Prof. Hamilton is on Dr. Eiteljorg's institute's board of
advisors and could certainly pass on your name and address to him:
HAM @ BRYNMAWR.

Alternately, you could write to Dr. Eiteljorg directly:

Harrison Eiteljorg, II, Ph.D. 142 Grays Lane Haverford, Pa. 19041 U.S.A.