3.845 etc. (88)

Tue, 12 Dec 89 20:50:10 EST

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 3, No. 845. Tuesday, 12 Dec 1989.

(1) Date: 12 December 1989, 10:16:00 EDT (10 lines)
From: FLANNAGA at OUACCVMB
Subject: et cetera, et cetera, et cetera

(2) Date: Tue, 12 Dec 89 08:41:17 PLT (16 lines)
From: "Guy L. Pace" <PACE@WSUVM1>
Subject: ETC.

(3) Date: 12 December 1989 (39 lines)
From: Willard McCarty <MCCARTY@vm.epas.utoronto.ca>
Subject: et cetera, etc.

Date: 12 December 1989, 10:16:00 EDT
From: FLANNAGA at OUACCVMB

I still use it occasionally, but couldn't we all try to get rid of a
Latin phrase that is always better replaced with an example? For a
while in the late Seventies in the States, et cetera was replaced with
blah-blah-blah, which wasn't any better. I would be interested to see
how it *is* used, but I would also just as soon *not* see it used,
because using it wastes effort. Roy Flannagan