3.830 copyright, cont. (25)

Tue, 5 Dec 89 20:05:47 EST

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 3, No. 830. Tuesday, 5 Dec 1989.

Date: Tue, 5 Dec 89 00:17:00 EST
From: KESSLER <IME9JFK@OAC.UCLA.EDU>
Subject: Re: 3.817 copyright, cont. (47)

Re M Hart: But we know that untold thousands of tapes have been and are
being pirated by clandestine shops, reproduced by slave machines in the
thousands and sold here and everywhere in the world. Where money is to
made, or where something is to be had for almost nothing, there are few
who would not take what they can, never mind copyright or
propertyrights. Money still talks... One can see how it goes when one
reads the e-mail and reads the protests of our coleauges about the
complaints of those who say they have invested umpteen hours and years
into keyboarding and programming and so forth, and would like to be
recompensed. Nothing, I fear, that is aprt of the new things attached
to the compter world is in the public domain, certainly not the latest
edition of the OED or Shakespeare and etc. Kessler at UCLA