3.771 supporting the humanists, cont. (169)

Tue, 21 Nov 89 17:49:52 EST

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 3, No. 771. Tuesday, 21 Nov 1989.

(1) Date: Tue, 21 Nov 89 00:23:00 EST (12 lines)
From: "Vicky A. Walsh" <IMD7VAW@OAC.UCLA.EDU>
Subject: Re: 3.763 supporting the humanists, cont. (126)

(2) Date: Tue, 21 Nov 89 01:10:00 EST (13 lines)
From: KESSLER <IME9JFK@OAC.UCLA.EDU>
Subject: Re: 3.765 support of humanities computing, cont. (189)

(3) Date: 21 November 1989, 09:03:23 EDT (23 lines)
From: FLANNAGA at OUACCVMB
Subject: rude mechanicals

(4) Date: Tue, 21 Nov 89 09:30 EDT (91 lines)
From: <S_RICHMOND@UTOROISE>
Subject: supporting the humanists

Date: Tue, 21 Nov 89 00:23:00 EST
From: "Vicky A. Walsh" <IMD7VAW@OAC.UCLA.EDU>

Excuse me for nit picking, but we aren't doing ALL that bad at UCLA. Of
the 50 some faculty members who applied for one in the English Dept.,
all but 2 received the computer of their choice. We have a ways to go,
but we are getting there. As to supporting computing in the humanities,
my staff consists of people with training and experience in both
computing and humanities and who have chosen to do so, not necessarily
as a second choice.
Vicky Walsh, Director of Humanities Computing, UCLA