3.747 queries (124)

Tue, 14 Nov 89 20:43:23 EST

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 3, No. 747. Tuesday, 14 Nov 1989.

(1) Date: Mon, 13 NOV 89 09:59:00 GMT (24 lines)
From: UDAA270@ELM.CC.KCL.AC.UK
Subject: query - computer-based teaching

(2) Date: Mon, 13 Nov 89 20:55:30 EST (19 lines)
From: "CAROL C" <S1.CAC@ISUMVS>
Subject: CALL

(3) Date: Mon, 13 Nov 89 18:43:13 EST (37 lines)
From: Geoffrey Rockwell <Geoffrey_Rockwell@poczta.utcs.utoronto.ca>
Subject: Various

(4) Date: Mon, 13 Nov 89 17:46:21 EST (12 lines)
From: MTRILEY@CALSTATE (Mark Timothy Riley)
Subject: RE: 3.718 markup issues (66)

Date: Mon, 13 NOV 89 09:59:00 GMT
From: UDAA270@ELM.CC.KCL.AC.UK

We are becoming swamped with requests for courses, by
humanists and non-humanists, and without enough staff
to teach them. As a result, it has become a matter of
urgency to investigate computer-based teaching programs.
Has anyone evaluated such programs for the following, or know
where reviews of such evalutations can be found?:

Microsoft Word on the Macintosh
Microsoft Word on the IBM PS/2
Microsoft Excel on the Macintosh
Microsoft Excel on the IBM PS/2
Ingres on the IBM PS/2
MS-DOS 3.3 on the IBM PS/2
Language teaching for modern Greek (on either IBM PS/2 or Mac)
Language teaching for ancient Greek (on either IBM PS/2 or Mac)

Thanks,

Susan Kruse
King's College London