3.732 shareware survey; CD-ROM drives (49)

Fri, 10 Nov 89 22:12:54 EST

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 3, No. 732. Friday, 10 Nov 1989.

(1) Date: Fri, 10 Nov 89 14:02:42 EST (15 lines)
From: Elliott Parker <3ZLUFUR@CMUVM>
Subject: Shareware survey

(2) Date: Fri, 10 Nov 89 21:53:27 EST (14 lines)
From: cbf@faulhaber.Berkeley.EDU (Charles Faulhaber)
Subject: Re: 3.726 CD-ROM drives (26)

Date: Fri, 10 Nov 89 14:02:42 EST
From: Elliott Parker <3ZLUFUR@CMUVM>

Chet Grycz asked about surveys of shareware usage. I seem to remember
some months ago, somebody on the ETHICS-L list had a survey. It did not
have a large data set and was composed of people on Bitnet. If I
remember correctly, one of the results was that non-registered use of
shareware was not any more prevalent than non-registered use of shrink
wrapped software.

If someone else doesn't have this citation at hand, let me know and I
will go through my paper files and try to find it.

Elliott Parker BITNET: 3ZLUFUR@CMUVM