3.612 job advert (51)

Fri, 20 Oct 89 21:25:20 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 3, No. 612. Friday, 20 Oct 1989.

Date: 20 Oct 89 16:53:45 EDT
From: Jim Cahalan <JMCAHAL@IUP.BITNET>
Subject: Jobs advertisement

Fellow newsgroup members might be interested in one of the jobs listed
below or might know someone who might be. Feel free to print this one out
and post it on your bulletin board. Thanks!

INDIANA UNIVERSITY OF PENNSYLVANIA (IUP) invites applications for up to
6 tenure-track positions, Asst. Prof. Ph.D. and 3 years teaching req'd,
publications desirable. We seek persons with training and experience in
teaching composition and literature, committed to undergraduate education,
whose personal and professional growth involves program development and
departmental service.
SEARCH #1: We have needs in technical/advanced writing, drama (esp.
20th-C American), and film/film criticism, but we are not limited to these
areas. We seek applicants with contemporary, cross-disciplinary interests
involving the teaching of writing and literature, and whose scholarship nd
interests relate to the liberal education of undergraduates.
SEARCH #2: ENGLISH EDUCATION. Training in English Ed. and adolescent
literature req'd. Three years recent teaching in secondary schools req'd,
college teaching desirable. Multicultural training, experience preferred.
Released-time available for supervising student teachers. We offer the
B.S. and M.A.T.E. in English Ed.
SEARCH #3: We seek minority scholars whose teaching and professional
interests relate to liberal education in a culturally diverse world.
Normal teaching load 12 hours/semester. Salary very competitive,
benefits excellent. Application should focus the applicant's professional
interests and address the specifics of this ad. Please indicate
convention plans. Review of applications will continue until positions
are filled. Send letter, vita, transcripts, and 3 letters of reference to
Dr. Donald McClure (Search #__), 110B Leonard Hall, English Dept., IUP,
Indiana, PA 15705-1094. IUP is an AA-EEO employer.

Jim Cahalan, Graduate Literature <JMCAHAL@IUP.BITNET>
English Dept., 111 Leonard, Indiana University of Pennsylvania
Indiana, PA 15705-1094 Phone: (412) 357-2264