3.603 current hardware; Brunet's HyperBase (43)

Wed, 18 Oct 89 19:03:50 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 3, No. 603. Wednesday, 18 Oct 1989.

(1) Date: Wed, 18 Oct 89 10:14 MET (14 lines)
From: "Pieter Masereeuw" <PIETER%UVAALF.SURFNET@HASARA5.BITNET>
Subject: Current Hardware

(2) Date: 18 October 1989, 15:37:32 EDT (9 lines)
From: ANDREWO at UTOREPAS (Andrew Oliver)
Subject: Stylistic/linguisitic analysis on the Macintosh

Date: Wed, 18 Oct 89 10:14 MET
From: "Pieter Masereeuw" <PIETER%UVAALF.SURFNET@HASARA5.BITNET>

I think the hardware situation in our Faculty (University of Amsterdam,
Faculty of Arts) is fairly representative for what other Dutch Humanists
use. We use: PC's (clones), Macintoshes (Plus) and 10 MHz ATs. As minicomputers
we own a Data General MV/4000 and a Digital Vax-cluster (running under VMS)
consisting of a VAX 8250, MicroVax 3300, Workstation 2000 and 3100. For the
ATs, the VAX 8250 serves as a disk- and file-server with Digital PCSA-network
software.

Pieter Masereeuw
University of Amsterdam