3.600 supercomputing and the way computers work, cont. (93)

Tue, 17 Oct 89 19:46:55 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 3, No. 600. Tuesday, 17 Oct 1989.

(1) Date: Mon, 16 Oct 89 22:19:16 BST (20 lines)
From: <Ron.Brasington@READING.AC.UK>
Subject: I'm NOT and I'm not a number.

(2) Date: Mon, 16 Oct 89 15:31 EST (54 lines)
From: <MDHARRIS@GUVAX>
Subject: more supercomputing

Date: Mon, 16 Oct 89 22:19:16 BST
From: <Ron.Brasington@READING.AC.UK>

Who's misleading who? The processor in my machine works by
passing signals through LOGIC gates and the output of an AND
operation as sure as heck ain't a number - even if TRUTH
tables (sic) are sometimes (for convenience) filled out with
1's and 0's.

Ron Brasington.

Department of Linguistic Science,
Faculty of Letters and Social Sciences,