3.589 speech-analysis; hardware; Greek fonts? (77)

Sun, 15 Oct 89 18:21:28 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 3, No. 589. Sunday, 15 Oct 1989.

(1) Date: 14 Oct 89 20:49 -0330 (18 lines)
From: dgraham@kean.ucs.mun.ca
Subject: Mac Speech Analysis: thanks to Humanists

(2) Date: Sat, 14 Oct 89 11:23:31 EDT (26 lines)
From: COM3RAE@CLUSTR.TRENT.AC.UK
Subject: current hardware at Nottingham, UK.

(3) Date: Fri, 13 Oct 89 20:42:11 EST (7 lines)
From: Harold Wilson <HSW100U@ODUVM>
Subject: And still Greek fonts

Date: 14 Oct 89 20:49 -0330
From: dgraham@kean.ucs.mun.ca

In case my acknowledgement did not reach any member of Humanist who
took the trouble to send me e-mail on this subject, and there were
about a dozen who did, please accept my thanks here and now for your
replies, which were uniformly helpful and illuminating, and which have
been passed on to my colleague in the Linguistics department here who
originally put the question to me. I won't attempt to summarize the
recommendations, which were numerous, but they included not only
details of specific software but a host of useful addresses, both
paper and electronic. Once again, Humanist proves to be not only
decorative but extremely useful when it matters!

David Graham dgraham@kean.ucs.mun.ca
Department of French & Spanish dgraham@munucs.uucp
Memorial University of Newfoundland