3.555 printing from Duke Greek? (28)

Mon, 9 Oct 89 21:47:03 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 3, No. 555. Monday, 9 Oct 1989.

Date: 09 Oct 89 10:19:40 bst
From: D.Mealand@EDINBURGH.AC.UK
Subject: Printing from Duke Greek

When I wish to find texts in Greek I can use Ibycus, when I wish to
write articles citing Greek I can use that or a wordprocessing
package like vuwriter. For Greek display on screen using other programmes
one can use the Duke font (ega etc only). But does anyone have a
font to print the Greek from the Duke Greek screen font. Please
don't suggest I use another wordprocessor. What I need is something
which is programme independent so that I can run any programme I like
and display text in Greek using the Duke font AND then print out an
equivalent display on hardcopy. In other words I wish to be able to
get out of an epson lq1500 or a laserprinter a font which has all
the normal ascii set up to decimal 128 and then gives me the correct
Greek character to match the Duke Greek set in place of whatever the
printer would print for decimal 140 141 etc or whatever.

David Mealand