3.527 TeX line-numbering; text retrieval (49)

Sun, 1 Oct 89 20:47:23 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 3, No. 527. Sunday, 1 Oct 1989.

(1) Date: Sun, 1 Oct 89 11:03 (21 lines)
From: Wujastyk (on GEC 4190 Rim-D at UCL) <UCGADKW@EUCLID.UCL.AC.UK>
Subject: TeX line numbering

(2) Date: Sat, 30 Sep 89 22:53:03 EDT (8 lines)
From: amsler@flash.bellcore.com (Robert A Amsler)
Subject: Free Text Retrieval Systems

Date: Sun, 1 Oct 89 11:03
From: Wujastyk (on GEC 4190 Rim-D at UCL) <UCGADKW@EUCLID.UCL.AC.UK>

I assume from your recent HUMANIST message that you have given up on
TEXTED.TEX and EDMAC.TEX, which do all the things you need. I am
sorry I never got back to you about these. I ran the example you sent
me, and it worked perfectly, so I couldn't see the problem myself,
and I gave up. I am continuing to refine EDMAC, and I know
John Lavagnino was intending to add some more bells and whistles
this summer. So if you want to have another shot at it, let me know.

I have reformatted the macros using Mittelbach's excellent
DOC.STY macros (see latest TUGboat), so they are easier to read
and understand. They are also the only thing around at present
that will do what you want.

Best wishes,

Dominik Wujastyk