3.463 collaboration by network? (33)

Wed, 13 Sep 89 20:09:47 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 3, No. 463. Wednesday, 13 Sep 1989.

Date: 13 September 1989
From: Willard McCarty <MCCARTY@vm.epas.utoronto.ca>
Subject: collaboration by network

Dan Updegrove (EDUCOM, in the U.S.) has written a quite useful paper on
the application of electronic communications to academic work. I have
suggested to him that with a few alterations it would be a good thing
for us humanists to circulate among our colleagues, especially those who
might be tempted into the fold of networked academics. He needs,
however, some concrete examples of how e-mail has been applied with
particular success to humanistic research and teaching. Would any
Humanist who can tell such tales please send them to him -- and to me
for my files, or better yet, to Humanist? I know I have asked a similar
question before, but it was asked in a somewhat different context and so
may not have elicited all the responses that would apply to Updegrove's
paper.

Dan Updegrove is updegrov@educom (on Bitnet).

Once the paper is revised it will be made available on Humanist.

Thanks very much.

Willard McCarty