3.425 queries (116)

Mon, 4 Sep 89 22:50:48 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 3, No. 425. Monday, 4 Sep 1989.

(1) Date: Fri, 1 Sep 89 17:32:47 PDT (22 lines)
From: cbf%faulhaber.Berkeley.EDU@jade.berkeley.edu (Charles Faulhaber)
Subject: scanning and question data banks

(2) Date: Fri, 1 Sep 89 17:41:54 PDT (16 lines)
From: cbf%faulhaber.Berkeley.EDU@jade.berkeley.edu (Charles Faulhaber)
Subject: Hypertext critical editions

(3) Date: Sun, 03 Sep 89 12:17:37 CDT (11 lines)
From: "Michael S. Hart" <HART@UIUCVME>
Subject: Re: 3.417 forums for librarians (95)

(4) Date: Mon, 4 Sep 89 22:49 MET (36 lines)
From: Pieter Masereeuw <PIETER%UVAALF@HLERUL5.BITNET>
Subject: Wanted: Software for dictionary-editing

Date: Fri, 1 Sep 89 17:32:47 PDT
From: cbf%faulhaber.Berkeley.EDU@jade.berkeley.edu (Charles Faulhaber)

We have a Mac II and an Apple scanner which we're going to use
for a project to convert into machine-readable form the rather
voluminous materials which generations of T.A.'s have developed
for lower-division language instruction in Spanish.

My questions: Can anyone report on experience using Kurzweil's
DataCopy or Caere's Omnipage software, especially with regard
to foreign language usage?

Does anyone have suggestions for Mac software designed for setting
up banks of questions for exercises and tests?

Charles B. Faulhaber
Department of Spanish
UC Berkeley CA 94720
bitnet: ked@ucbgarne