3.407 European troubles; worthy article (52)

Tue, 29 Aug 89 20:05:08 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 3, No. 407. Tuesday, 29 Aug 1989.

(1) Date: Tue, 29 Aug 89 13:36:20 IST (18 lines)
From: David Sitman <A79@TAUNIVM>
Subject: Listserv update

(2) Date: Tue, 29 Aug 89 19:34:43 EDT (14 lines)
From: "Matthew Gilmore, Special Collections GW" <LIBRSPE@GWUVM>
Subject: articles worth reading

Date: Tue, 29 Aug 89 13:36:20 IST
From: David Sitman <A79@TAUNIVM>

[David Sitman, our ListServ guru, has sent the following note about the
troubles with mail to Europe. My thanks to the systems people in France
for carefully preserving our mail on tape. --W.M.]

Today I received a flood of HUMANIST mail which you sent on Aug 15-16.
I assume that other European list members have as well.

Here's what I've found out:

A computer running LISTSERV in France was having trouble and all mail,
or at least LISTSERV mail, passing through was stopped and downloaded
onto tapes. The problem has been corrected, and they have started uploading
the tapes.