3.396 Bitnet; hypermedia; Mac stuff (161)

Sat, 26 Aug 89 17:27:28 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 3, No. 396. Saturday, 26 Aug 1989.

(1) Date: Thu, 24 Aug 89 22:13:39 CDT (30 lines)
From: "Kevin L. Cope" <ENCOPE@LSUVM>
Subject: BITNET and COMPUSERVE

(2) Date: Fri, 25 Aug 89 09:19:08 CDT (50 lines)
From: Charles Bailey <LIB3@UHUPVM1>
Subject: Hypertext/Hypermedia

(3) Date: Fri, 25 Aug 89 12:44:00 EDT (16 lines)
From: SMITH@EDUCOM

(4) Date: Fri, 25 Aug 89 09:41:51 EDT (35 lines)
From: Geoff Rockwell <rockwell@utorgpu>
Subject: Mac stuff

Date: Thu, 24 Aug 89 22:13:39 CDT
From: "Kevin L. Cope" <ENCOPE@LSUVM>

The psychology newsletter, a BITNET list, has announced that communication
between BITNET or INTERNET and COMPUSERVE is easy and, at least for those
sending from BITNET or INTERNET, free. This is probably new information to
most list users, so I announce it to several lists. Here is the procedure
for sending between the systems.

To send from BITNET/INTERNET to COMPUSERVE:
Compuserve IDs are numerical and contain a comma. To avoid confusing other
e-mail systems, the comma must be replaced with a period. If your system
can recognize a COMPUSERVE node, simply send your mail to (using my IDs as
examples)
72310.3204@COMPUSERVE.COM
Or, if your system cannot find this node, you must name the gateway, in
the following manner:
72310.3204%COMPUSERVE.COM@SAQQARA.CIS.OHIO-STATE.EDU
and your mail will go through.

Sending from COMPUSERVE to BITNET or INTRNET may be accomplished by
instructing the EsayPlex system to send into BITNET or INTERNET. For
example, to reach me, you might try
INET:ENCOPE%LSUVM.BITNET@CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU
or a similar locution, depending on the nature of the receiving network.

Good luck!

KLC