3.298 electronic texts (28)

Thu, 27 Jul 89 22:25:14 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 3, No. 298. Thursday, 27 Jul 1989.

Date: Wed, 26 Jul 89 19:28:02 CDT
From: "Michael S. Hart" <HART@UIUCVME>
Subject: Re: 3.289 e-texts

I would like to step into the "vacuum" possibly created by the departure
of the anti-intellectualism discussion and propose the following:

A discussion on the availability and worthiness of machine readable texts
at all levels of the educational system. I would hope this to include:

Comparisons to calulators' effect on mathematical education.
The concept of "authoritative texts."
The ease and accuracy of quoting.
and
The ease and accuracy of researching a corpus for suitable material.
I assume and encourage the inclusion of other ramifications.

Michael S. Hart (National Clearinghouse for Machine Readable Texts)