3.292 Greeks reading; centipede (46)

Wed, 26 Jul 89 19:41:40 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 3, No. 292. Wednesday, 26 Jul 1989.

(1) Date: Tue, 25 Jul 89 10:27 EDT (15 lines)
From: "TONY LENTZ 865-1985" <T2L@PSUVM>
Subject: Silent Reading

(2) Date: Tue, 25 Jul 89 12:03 EDT (11 lines)
From: Peter D. Junger <JUNGER@CWRU>
Subject: How a centipede can walk

Date: Tue, 25 Jul 89 10:27 EDT
From: "TONY LENTZ 865-1985" <T2L@PSUVM>

I was intrigued by the question of silent reading in Ancient Greece
when it arose in my Classical Rhetoric class at the U of Michigan
in the late 1970s. I picked it up as a dissertation topic, and
ORALITY AND LITERACY IN HELLENIC GREECE was the result (Carbondale:
Southern Illinois Univ. Pr., 1989.
_ _ _ __
Tony M. Lentz /\ | | | | | | \ University Park, Pa.
Dept. of Speech Comm. / \ | | | | | > (814) 238-3994 16802
Penn State University / \ |_| | |_| /__ T2L @ PSUVM

...!psuvax1!psuvm.bitnet!t2l (uucp) t2l%psuvm.bitnet@wscvm.arpa (arpa)