3.252 dig for the Ark? e-mail to the USSR? (48)

Sun, 16 Jul 89 21:50:18 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 3, No. 252. Sunday, 16 Jul 1989.

(1) Date: Fri, 14 Jul 89 15:31 EST (18 lines)
From: <PEY365@SCRANTON>
Subject: Archeologists and the Ark of the Covenant

(2) Date: SAT 15 JUL 1989 16:19:00 CDT (10 lines)
From: Jim McSwain <F0A8@USOUTHAL>
Subject: e-mail to the USSR?

Date: Fri, 14 Jul 89 15:31 EST
From: <PEY365@SCRANTON>

A student of mine claims to have seen a news clip on CNN (the Cable News
Network run by Turner Broadcasting) concerning a current archeological
dig in Israel.
Supposedly there was an exciting find of a bottle of perfume made from
a now-extinct plant, and as he understood it, the archeologists felt they
were "close to finding the Ark..."
Since my understanding had been that serious archeologists had stopped
looking for the Ark after the disastrous events at the beginning of this
century, I would be interested in any solid information on these develoments.
Thank you!

Philip E. Yevics Theology/Religious Studies
BITNET%"PEY365@SCRANTON" University of Scranton (PA - USA)