3.236 colour terms? Chinese on Macs? (62)

Tue, 11 Jul 89 19:44:42 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 3, No. 236. Tuesday, 11 Jul 1989.

(1) Date: Tue, 11 Jul 89 14:05:24 IST (25 lines)
From: Gisele Sapiro <PORTER2@TAUNIVM>
Subject: Query about basic color terms

(2) Date: Tue, 11 Jul 89 13:12:57 -0800 (17 lines)
From: Malcolm Brown <mbb@jessica.Stanford.EDU>
Subject: Chinese word processing for the Mac

Date: Tue, 11 Jul 89 14:05:24 IST
From: Gisele Sapiro <PORTER2@TAUNIVM>

[Please send replies directly to the questioner. --W.M.]

I am interested to obtain up to date information of any kind, and
especially bibliographical references (articles, abstracts...) about
basic color terms. I am working on the experiments done in the
seventies in cognitive and developmental psychology and cognitive
anthropology, including Berlin & Kay, Elinor Heider Rosh, etc., and I
would like to know if there are some new issues (in the eighties)
about both color perception and semantic universals in color
vocabulary. I am mostly interested in finding material against the
universalism claim in this domain. I wonder if *Nature* and/or
*Science*, for instance, have recently published anything valuable in
this domain.

Thank you very much for your help.

Gisele Sapiro
Porter Institute for Poetics and Semiotics
Tel Aviv University
PORTER2@TAUNIVM.BITNET