3.104 laptops (45)

Wed, 7 Jun 89 21:43:35 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 3, No. 104. Wednesday, 7 Jun 1989.

(1) Date: Wed, 07 Jun 89 10:09:06 CDT (15 lines)
From: "Kevin L. Cope" <ENCOPE@LSUVM>
Subject: Appreciations/Laptops/Speedmail

(2) Date: Wed, 7 Jun 89 10:22:00 EDT (10 lines)
From: DEL2@phoenix.cambridge.ac.uk
Subject: Re: 3.100 laptops

Date: Wed, 07 Jun 89 10:09:06 CDT
From: "Kevin L. Cope" <ENCOPE@LSUVM>

Owing to the large number of kindresponses that I received, I'd like to
extend a general appreciation to all those HUMANISTS who offered suggestions
concerning interactive BITNET and laptops computers. One HUMANIST asked me to
summarize the results of my laptops inquiry. The most strongly recommended
model was the evidently underappreciated DATAVUE SPARK (available from
DATAVUE at 405-564-555 owing to its excellent screen, abundant standard
features, economy, and a host of other virtues. The next most highly praised
device was the TOSHIBA T3100, second only owing to its lack of battery support.
Other models drawing praise were the Tandy 100 (good, but short on memory)
and the Zenith 181. Again, thanks for all your help. And special thanks to
Natalie Maynor for her kind words concerning my style as a grammoteer.