From: Don Fowler <DPF@VAX.OXFORD.AC.UK>
Subject: RE: 3.64 queries (106)

(2) Date: Thu, 25 May 89 09:53 EDT (16 lines)
From: O MH KATA MHXANHN <MCCARTHY@CUA>
Subject: marble and ivory

(3) Date: Thu, 25 May 89 12:48:56 EDT (12 lines)
From: "Patrick W. Conner" <U47C2@WVNVM.bitnet>
Subject: Ivory cheekpiece

(4) Date: 26 May 89 15:01:32 EDT (Fri) (13 lines)
From: Gunhild Viden <viden@hum.gu.se>
Subject: Re marble and ivory (3.64)

Date: Mon, 29 May 89 17:28 BST
From: Don Fowler <DPF@VAX.OXFORD.AC.UK>

I'm not sure if Willard wanted replies on marble etc to be public or
private, but he can always intercept this: on marble at any rate see Nisbet -
Hubbard on Horace Odes 1.19.6 and McKeown on Ovid Amores 1.7.51-2. Nothing so
good on ivory, but Vergil Aeneid 12.68 with Satius Achilleid 1. 308 and Lyne
`Lavinia's Blush' in Further Voices in Vergil's Aeneid is instructive.

One of the email oddities for me is that I often get the reply to a
question before the query itself. But don't change this even if you can: it's
the cheapest hypertext system going!

Don Fowler (DPF@uk.ac.ox.vax)