3.73 sporadic Humanist (40)

Sat, 27 May 89 17:38:15 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 3, No. 73. Saturday, 27 May 1989.

Date: 27 May 1989
From: Willard McCarty <MCCARTY@vm.epas.utoronto.ca>
Subject: sporadic Humanist

During the summer school and conference (29 May to 16 June), Humanist
may not appear as regularly as it normally does. I will try my best --
so please keep the contributions coming -- but I cannot predict how much
time or energy I will have for the usual things during this unusual
time.

For those of you coming to Toronto, a weather report. The sun is
shining, the temperature is about 22 degrees C. or so, and there's a
gusty wind blowing. It could rain, and in fact rain has been predicted.
Sudden changes are possible this time of year. By the time you arrive it
could be much warmer, and if so the humidity would be high as well.

Other handy information for those coming from a distance. This is an
expensive city, so be prepared. At the airport you can take a taxi
($25-30 at least), but the bus to the Chelsea Inn is much cheaper (ca.
$8). From the Chelsea to the university residences and the hotels is a
short distance by taxi and will likely cost about $4-5. Cheapest of all
is the bus to the Islington subway station ($4.50?), then the subway
($1.10) to the St. George or Bay Street stop, both of which are near the
residences and hotels. The university's Conference Centre will be open
on Sunday, 4 June, and we are arranging to have a person there to help
direct those who do not know the city. I will post a notice here giving
the exact street address and hours of the Centre.

Willard McCarty