2.920: keyboarding firms? (35)

Tue, 2 May 89 20:15:55 EDT

Humanist Mailing List, Vol. 2, No. 920. Tuesday, 2 May 1989.

Date: Tue, 2 May 89 0:21:14 EDT
From: jonathan@eleazar.Dartmouth.EDU (Jonathan Altman)
Subject: Request for data entry keyboarding firms

I have a general request for assistance. I am looking for a firm to do
manual data entry on some texts which cannot be entered by OCR. What I
would like is the name, address, and phone number of any firms that you
know of that offer this service, and any comments you may have on your
dealings with them. I have dealt with such firms before, but I am
looking to do some comparison shopping on this current batch of
material. If you have any specific firms that you know of, it would
probably be most appropriate to send me e-mail with the information. Here
is a list of possible addresses to use:
jonathan@eleazar.dartmouth.edu (please try this first)
jonathan.altman@dartmouth.edu (equivalent to above, but
BITNET sometimes likes this one better)
and, if you're on BITNET and absolutely MUST, try jonathan@dartcms1

Thanks in advance for any leads you give me. I think that it would
be a worthwhile endeavor to compile a listing of this sort anyway
(kind of a sourcebook for data entry). So, I will compile all
information received, including evaluations (whose contents I will
disclaim any responsibility for in advance) to be available when
I'm finished collecting information.

Jonathan Altman Dartmouth Dante Project