French or American revolution, cont. (36)

Sun, 30 Apr 89 19:31:14 EDT

Humanist Mailing List, Vol. 2, No. 911. Sunday, 30 Apr 1989.

(1) Date: Sat, 29 Apr 89 02:37:59 EDT (5 lines)
From: "Patrick W. Conner" <U47C2@WVNVM.bitnet>
Subject: which revolution? (25)

(2) Date: Sat, 29 Apr 89 07:58:17 EDT (11 lines)
From: David Megginson <MEGGIN@vm.epas.utoronto.ca>
Subject: Re: which revolution? (25)

Date: Sat, 29 Apr 89 02:37:59 EDT
From: "Patrick W. Conner" <U47C2@WVNVM.bitnet>

The American Revolution, because it inspired the French Revolution.
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 89 07:58:17 EDT
From: David Megginson <MEGGIN@vm.epas.utoronto.ca>

Which revolution did more good for mankind? If we go by original aims
and ideals, it's a difficult choice. If we go by the meanness and
violation of those ideals which followed, we can eliminate both. Perhaps
the abstract intellectual ideas floating around England at the time did
more good than either the French or American Revolutions.

-- David Megginson <MEGGIN@vm.epas.utoronto.ca>