Jerome; Yugoslavia (53)

Fri, 21 Apr 89 22:44:57 EDT

Humanist Mailing List, Vol. 2, No. 870. Friday, 21 Apr 1989.

(1) Date: Fri, 21 Apr 89 12:42 EST (16 lines)
From: FZINN@OBERLIN.BITNET
Subject: RE: St. Jerome

(2) Date: Thu, 20 Apr 89 18:31:05 GMT (9 lines)
From: Alain Auroux <AUROUX@FRMOP11>
Subject: Yugoslavia is now connected

Date: Fri, 21 Apr 89 12:42 EST
From: FZINN@OBERLIN.BITNET

In addition to the various references furnished in the April 17 response to
Mary O'Riordan's request for material concerning Jerome's attitudes, one
might add another publication by Elizabeth A. Clark: ASCETIC PIETY AND WOMEN'S
FAITH: ESSAYS ON LATE ANCIENT CHRISTIANITY (Studies in Women and Religion, vol.
20; Lewiston/Queenston: The Edwin Mellen Press, 1986). This set of collected
articles contains (obviously) a lot of material on female asceticism,
the social matrix, theological/religious views, etc. Jerome makes frequent
"appearances".
Grover Zinn
Oberlin College
FZINN@OBERLIN
(Note: Willard, please disregard the previous truncated message!)