lost mail on e-language? (35)

Fri, 21 Apr 89 22:41:10 EDT

Humanist Mailing List, Vol. 2, No. 868. Friday, 21 Apr 1989.

Date: Fri, 21 Apr 89 17:47:46 CDT
From: Natalie Maynor <MAYNOR@MSSTATE>
Subject: Possibly Lost Mail

I want to thank everybody who responded to the description of my
proposed project on e-language. The reason for this public thank-
you is to say that if anybody sent me a note and did not receive a
personal reply, it is because I never received what you sent. As
some of you may know, a system crash at the Univeristy of Tennessee
earlier this week cut much of the southeastern U.S. off from the
rest of the bitnet world for several days. The UTK link is now up
again, but it may be that bitnet mail enroute at the time of the
crash got lost. (I am speculating -- not speaking from any
technical knowledge.) In addition, our system has some kind of
problem that occasionally leads to misboxed mail when a link
suddenly comes up and there is a big influx. Regular bitnet-users
here know about the problem and kindly forward the misboxed mail to
the intended recipient. I'm worried, however, that mail intended
for me may be sitting in the bitnet queues of people who rarely or
never use bitnet. So the purpose of this note is to say that if you
sent me anything that I did not reply to, please resend it if you
can. If you can't or don't want to resend it, please accept my
apologies for seeming to ignore the first sending. Thanks!
Natalie Maynor
maynor@msstate.bitnet