Humanists on GulfNet and elsewhere in the Near East? (25)

Sun, 16 Apr 89 21:16:37 EDT

Humanist Mailing List, Vol. 2, No. 846. Sunday, 16 Apr 1989.

Date: 16 April 1989
From: Willard McCarty <MCCARTY@vm.epas.utoronto.ca>
Subject: GulfNet

Rumour has it that electronic mail can now reach more places in the
Near East (e.g., Egypt and Saudi Arabia) because of the recent
introduction of GulfNet. Just today I received a note from a young
student of computer science in Turkey, on a branch of EARN called
TREARN, but I do not know how extensive network links are in that
country. If anyone does have information about such matters, please let
me know. I would like to extend Humanist's reach into those countries,
but at the moment I have no idea how to circulate the necessary
information to those who might be interested. Suggestions are welcome.

Yours, Willard McCarty